Brechbill & Helman is committed to the success and increased adoption of sustainable construction practices throughout the construction industry. We believe Green buildings are not only good for the environment, they also provide immediate and long-term economic benefits for developers, building owners and occupants.
Brechbill & Helman is a member of the US Green Building Council (USGBC) and employs LEED Accredited Professionals and LEED Green Associates. Brechbill & Helman has completed multiple Green projects with additional projects currently in pre-construction that are registered with the U.S. Green Building Council.
Below is a highlight of our Green construction experience:
- Danfoss received LEED Gold certification from USGBC
- Shippensburg EMS received LEED Silver certification from USGBC
- Cumberland Valley Animal Shelter received LEED Silver certification from USGBC
- Women In Need (WIN) received LEED certification from USGBC
- Environmental Sustainability Award from the Greater Chambersburg Area Chamber of Commerce
- Built the first homeless shelter in the US to receive a Green Globes rating of 1 from the Green Building Institute
- 2017 | Environmental Sustainability Award for Women In Need (WIN) – Chambersburg, PA
- 2010 | Green Building Association of Central PA – (GBACPA) Green Building Award fro Water Efficiency. Danfoss’s North American Headquarters.
- 2009 | Environmental Sustainablility Award from Greater Chambersburg Chamber of Commerce